Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the worst is there to comfort you

I've recently gone through a relatively difficult breakup and I've found myself beginning to evaluate the direction of my life. Am I happy in my career? Am I happy where I am? Well, No. I was in Pittsburgh this past weekend for a friend's wedding and met some very interesting people that have enlightened a part of me that has been ever growing, the socially aware side of me. Class disparity, that sort of thing. I'm currently working on an initiative to start fund raising here in Denver around an idea that I brought back from PA. In fact, now I'm considering law school to go into public policy with a concentration on technology.

At any rate, that is not what this blog is necessarily about. This blog is about the fact that the worst is here to comfort us. We hit a certain point and we begin to ask "Why?". I asked why and did not come up with an answer but I did come up with a list of short comings in myself -- or rather short comings that had developed that are not "me." I would not have asked these questions or even begun writing again if I had not begun to look my life from a different perspective, I stood upon a chair if you will. So, the point is... when you hit a point where you feel stuck stop looking at your feet b/c you will never see the opportunity around you. Change your perspective... it's only a decision.

1 comment:

Robin said...

sorry to hear about the break up, but i'm glad that it's causing you to go in a positive direction. let us know how the initiative goes.